We know that you may have questions in regards to your upcoming appointment, so we’ve answered a few of our most commonly asked below! If you don’t see the information you are looking for, please contact our office by giving us a call.
Is the doctor available to do a virtual appointment if I can’t come in due to COVID 19?
Yes, in certain cases we can start with a virtual consult, fees may be applied.
What should I expect when I come to my dental appointment since the COVID 19 outbreak?
- You will be asked to complete an over-the-phone screening questionnaire 1 day prior to your appointment
- Please bring and wear a face mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth prior to interacting with any staff members. A staff member will advise you when you can take your face covering off.
- A Virtual Waiting Room will be implemented for all appointments
- When you arrive at our office for your appointment, please stay in your car and notify us you have arrived by calling the office. One of our team members will meet you at the front door to bring you directly back to your personal examination/treatment room. We ask you do not enter the office until the team members is there to open the door for you.
- If you are unable to get through the phone line to speak to someone please be patient. You can try to call again but please know our team member is expecting you and will contact you to let you know when they are ready to meet you at the front door.
- We ask that only the patient enter the office and anyone accompanying them stay in the car to limit exposure. Children can be accompanied by 1 adult.
- Payment will be requested over the phone prior to an appointment while you are waiting in your car or prior to entering the virtual waiting room. If unable to pay over the phone we will have you stop with our front desk team member to complete payment.
- Once you arrive in your personal examination/treatment room you will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, complete a screening form (if you prefer, you can bring your own personal pen to complete the form), your temperature will be taken and a pre-examination/treatment mouth rinse (Peroxyl – OTC diluted hydrogen peroxide rinse) will be given to you to rinse for 30 seconds. (**1.5% dilution of Hydrogen peroxide has shown to be effective in killing the virus in the oral cavity.
- Our staff and doctors, as always, will wash our hands prior to and after glove removal
- All staff members and doctors will be wearing the approved personal protective equipment for all patient interactions.
- We will be limiting the number of x-rays we need to take in your mouth by taking extraoral (outside your mouth) images as well as limiting traditional dental impressions by utilizing digital impressions if applicable.
- Review of a supplemental informed consent regarding COVID-19
- During patient check out any further payments or scheduling of appointments can be completed over the phone or at the front desk
Do I need to wear my own facemask to my appointment?
Yes. Our governing bodies have required patients entering our practice to wear facemasks/face covering. If you do not have a facemask please contact the office.
Can I be seen if I have been diagnosed with COVID 19?
There are special precautions we need to account for and therefore the doctor will need to speak to you before you enter the office for an appointment.
I work in a healthcare facility and treat COVID 19 positive patients routinely, are there precautions I need to take before having any dental care?
All patients will go through a double screening process prior to their appointment. If you routinely work in a healthcare facility with COVID 19 patients we will require a negative test result prior to performing any elective dental care.
I have been in contact with a COVID 19 positive patient and I need to see my dentist, what should I do now?
Please contact the dental office, the doctor will call you to determine any urgent needs and advise you on the appropriate precautions prior to coming in for your appointment.
Is your staff checked routinely for COVID 19?
We do daily screening questions for all staff members and check temperatures twice daily. All staff members are wearing facemasks in the office, eye covering, and /or face shields along with all the other necessary personal protective equipment. Staff members are advised to not come to work if they have a fever or any of the symptoms associated with COVID 19.